2016-2017 Training Opportunities
View our Stephen MInistry training brochure.
What is Stephen Ministry?
View our Stephen MInistry brochure.
A lay ministry which provides Christian care to members and others through the development of one-on-one, confidential, and caring relationships.
- Is life more than you can handle alone right now?
- Are you experiencing difficulties with your health, attitude or relationships?
Everyone goes through difficult times. Having someone to care, to listen, to share God’s love with you can help you through the uncertainty, stress or loneliness you may be experiencing.
What is a Stephen Minister?
- A child of God who walks beside a hurting person
- A caring Christian friend who really listens
- A lay person (member) who has received 50 hours of training
What about Stephen Ministry at Westminster?
- This is the 17th consecutive year that the Stephen Ministry Program has provided care to Westminster members and friends.
- People training to become Stephen Ministers participate in 50 hours of training.
- Referrals of people needing care are received from the pastoral staff or from members.
- Supervision of Stephen Ministers takes place monthly in an atmosphere of confidentiality and support.
- Continuing Education events are offered to Stephen Ministers throughout the year to expand and sharpen care-giving skills. Church members are invited to attend.
- Stephen Ministers assist the pastoral staff in hospital visitation.
How could I begin to receive care or become a Stephen Minister?
Contact Sue Hamilton (223-7285 or firstname.lastname@example.org).