All Are Welcome!
Let's Learn and Grow Together.
Drop-ins are always welcome at all of our Sunday Morning
Adult Education classes. No prior preparation expected.
December 1, 8, and 22
11:20 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Christmas at Matthew's House, Luke's House, and John's House
led by Tom York
Throughout December and in conjunction with a series of sermons on “Christmas at Luke’s House, Matthew’s House, and John’s House,” our visiting Pastor, Tom York, will share a series of presentations on the Gospels of Matthew, Luke, and John. Each week participants in the class will learn about: basic structure, major themes and authorship questions. How would our understanding of the “good news” be impoverished if we did not have each of these gospel accounts? What is the unique contribution of each of the accounts for our understanding of how Jesus is understood? These and other issues will be the focus on this Advent journey through the gospels.
New Adult Education Class: "Reel Talk"
- Interactive, relational, No prior knowledge expected or implied
- People of all ages and backgrounds welcome: the more diverse, the better
- Stand Alone classes: Come once, once in a blue moon, or never miss
- Starts with a Film Clip (“Reel”) as catalyst for discussion
- A place where we can be “real” about the challenges of life and faith
- Led by Lay People, Coordinated by J.D. Whitlock
Reel Talk: Classes will resume in January
facilitated by Sara Sessions